Take a 3-night stopover and visit Kuala Lumpur. A city tour highlights the beauty of both the old and modern of this capital city on the Malaysian peninsula. Sightseeing ranges from the famous Petronas City Towers to the Batu caves, which feature temples and Hindu shrines. Also, take a day trip to the city of Malacca, the country's most important historical landmark. Your tour is an introduction to how the present melting pot of Malaysia was born. Visit includes St. Peter's Church, the imposing red Dutch Stadhuys building, Kampung Kling Mosque, and a stroll along Jonker Street, which houses rows of antique shops. Pre- and Post-Tours.
Jun 21, Sun – USA/Kuala Lumpur
For Pre-Tour, depart via China Airlines. Cross the International Date Line.
Jun 22, Mon/Jun 30, Tue - Kuala Lumpur
For Pre-Tour, arrive in Kuala Lumpur. For Post-Tour, depart from Singapore for Kuala Lumpur. On arrival, transfer to your hotel. (Parkroyal/Shangri-La)
Jun 23, Tue/Jul 1, Wed – Kuala Lumpur (B)
Today’s half-day city tour highlights the beauty of old and modern Kuala Lumpur. Begin with a photo stop in the city center at the famous Petronas Twin Towers. Next, visit the Handicraft Centre, which offers colorful and beautiful Malaysian handicrafts. Afterward, stop at the breathtaking Royal King Palace, which provides excellent photographic opportunities, and the National Monument, erected in memory of fallen soldiers. Drive past the National Mosque and Independence Square. Proceed to Batu Caves, a series of caves that include the temple cave, which houses the shrine to Lord Muruga, a Hindu deity; and the museum cave, which hosts paintings and murals depicting scenes from Hindu scriptures. Remainder of the day at leisure.
Jun 24, Wed/Jul 2, Thu – Malacca (B/L)
After breakfast proceed south for an excursion to historic Malacca, where ruins and buildings of the Portuguese, Dutch and English conquerors can still be seen. Visit St. Peter’s Church, the oldest Christian Church still in use in Malaysia, and the 17th-century Chinese cemetery located at Chinese Hill. Proceed to view the famous gateway Porta De Santiago and the ruins of St. Paul’s Church. Next, visit the salmon pink Dutch administrative buildings that house the Malacca Museum and government offices, and visit Christchurch. Proceed to the Cheng Hoon Teng Temple and to the Kampung Kling Mosque, the country’s oldest mosque; and visit the Baba and Nyonya Heritage Museum, which showcases the local history of ethnic Chinese-Malays. Take a stroll along Jonker Street, which houses rows of antique shops. Return to Kuala Lumpur this afternoon.
Jun 25, Thu/Jul 3, Fri – Kuala Lumpur/Singapore or USA (B)
Transfer to airport for flight via China Airlines to Singapore after Pre-Tour, and to the US after Post-Tour.
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||June 22, 3006/22, 06/30|
|$190 FC$190 FC|
|$390 D$390 D|
- Land and Air includes airfare via China Airlines from Los Angeles or San Francisco to Singapore, air between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
- Land Only does not include any air segments.
- Hotels are FC (first-class) or D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
ALL TOUR PACKAGES FEATURE
• Round trip trans-Pacific air via Cathay Pacific Airways, Singapore Airlines, China Airlines and Emirates Airlines (or otherwise specified) coach class from West Coast, East Coast and Mid West gateway cities to/from Singapore and first/last cities of pre/post tours. All airfares include current airline fuel surcharges at the time (May 20, 2019) of printing this brochure and subject to change. Special add-on fares from various cities in the US and premium economy/business/first class upgrades on trans-Pacific air segments are available.
• Inter/intra Asia airfares coach class via Cathay Pacific/Singapore Airlines/China Airlines or other Asia carriers for Land and Air packages.
• Round trip airport transfers by coach with English-speaking guide/driver in each city
• Extensive sightseeing tours by air-conditioned motor-coach/car with English-speaking guide/driver; and admission fees for parks, sites, rides and shows as per itinerary
• Accommodations double occupancy at FC (first class) or D (deluxe) hotels as indicated, including hotel tax and service charges
• Meals B (breakfast), L (lunch) and D (dinner) included as per itinerary
• Luggage handling
• National tour guide for each country if tour members exceed 30 people
• $300 deposit required upon reservation; completed reservation form and a copy of passport are required upon reservation
• Final payment due 75 days prior to departure
• Cancellation penalties apply. See Pacific Holidays General Terms and Conditions for details
• Major credit cards are accepted; credit card authorization is required
• Optional travel insurance plan strongly recommended and non-refundable
• Ask for information about free land and air for group organizer, if group over 20 people
• All prices quoted are in US dollars and based on current exchange rate at the time (May 20, 2019) of printing of this brochure. If exchange rates drastically differ at the time of full payment, Pacific Holidays reserves the right to adjust prices already quoted in this brochure
• Land Only tour prices do not include airfares from the US to first city of the pre-tour or airfares from last city of the post-tour to the US. However, Land Only includes air/land transportations within the tour program.
• Promotional airfares may be sold out due to high volume of traffic for Lions Clubs Convention in Singapore. Higher airfares may apply if lower fares are sold out. An alternative airline may be used if Cathay Pacific Airways/Singapore Airlines/China Airlines/Emirates Airlines lower fares are sold out.
• Contracted hotels as indicated in this brochure may be sold out. Alternative hotels may be used. Prices may change.
• Pacific Holidays General Terms and Conditions apply; Cancellation and change penalties apply; Travel insurance is highly recommended. Please go online and visit www.pacificholidaysinc.com for coverage and exclusions.
• Add-on airfares from various cities in the States are available.
• For US citizens visas for China, Vietnam, Myanmar and India are required before departure. Apply for visas online or through visa agencies at least 2 months before departure. For non-US citizens please make sure you have proper travel documents before departure. Pacific Holidays will assist in visa application but is not responsible if applicant is declined for visas.
• Customized and private tours are available.
• Pacific Holidays is not authorized to make any hotel, transfers and tours (any land) reservations during the period of Lions Clubs International Convention (Jun 26 – 30, 2020) in Singapore. All reservations for Singapore and registration for the Convention must go through Lions Clubs International Convention Division.
Full refund of deposits made if cancellation is received in writing 90 days prior to departure, less $200 per person handling fee, plus any nonrefundable deposit for air, hotels and cruises, as well as credit card charge fees. Between 89 days and 60 days prior to departure, handling fee of $400 per person, plus non-refundable fees will be charged. Between 59 days and 30 days prior to departure, a handling fee of $600 per person, plus non-refundable fees, will be charged. Between 29 days and 8 days prior to departure, a handling fee of $800 per person will be charged, plus any expenses already incurred and cancellation fees imposed by airlines, hotels, cruises and suppliers. Seven days or less prior to departure, 50% of the tour package price or $1000 per person, whichever is higher, will be charged. NO REFUND will be granted to unused land portion once the tour has begun. All refund claims must be made in writing no later than 30 days after termination of trip. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. Travel insurance, visa fee, visa handling fee and most airlines tickets are not refundable once purchased and ticketed.
Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) has no connection, no responsibility and is not a contracting party with regard to the transportation or other facilities offered by PACIFIC HOLIDAYS or any other tour operator making the arrangements for the pre- and post-convention tours being offered. By making a reservation and/or payment for any pre- and post-convention tour, participants acknowledge and understand that they are contracting directly with PACIFIC HOLIDAYS or another tour operator, that any contractual responsibilities are directly between the participant and PACIFIC HOLIDAYS or another tour operator, that participants are fully aware of all risks of travel and arrangements for tours of this nature, and that participants fully disclaim, waive, release and discharge Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) from any and all liability, claims or responsibilities with regard to the pre- or post-convention tours being offered.
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.